One day my better half was going through the local FB Buy & Sell Groups looking for furniture she could refresh and sell on (her hobby...sort of) when she mentioned to me there was a Motor bike that looked OK going cheap and that it would give me something to tinker with... Well... I bought said bike, an SRX 250 in questionable condition. The seller told me the engine was seized... then changed it to the cam chain had broken so I was under no illusions as to the engine condition but the failure surprised me a little. I started to look into the bike and found there were not many around and even less spares available but I had it (paid $80 for it) and figured I would build it up slowly and see how it developed. I also found out that FZR 250 front end had exactly the same bearings and steam height and that would give me dual front discs... plus the swing arm was adaptable... so I sourced a donor (it was rubbish) and I have been moving on from there... Lots of little wins along the way and a few more since joining here so it is progressing, plus now the weather is warmer it is easier to get out in the garage and play.. Lots of pics and will keep it better documented from now... Just picked it up..... What have I let myself in for??? Starting to look at what I actually bought... Oil drained and starting to look at what is wrong with the engine...oh dear... From what I can tell... the exhaust cam gear had come lost one retaining bolt (or it hadn't been tightened correctly) and it came adrift, breaking the end of the cam and locking up the engine. It had managed to destroy one of the chain guides, the oil tube (internal oil feed for the top end), the exhaust cam and bent 2 valves. there was very little inertia on the engine when it failed as the damage was relatively minor. I think someone had tried changing the cam chain (as the chain was brand new with no damage thankfully) and hadnt done a good job. I found out later during re-assembly that there was a pin missing from the primary drive (there are 6 springs and 3 pins to help dampen the vibrations) which would have caused a lot of vibration and that wouldn't have helped matters. After weeks of looking I managed to source the Oil tube, a spare exhaust cam (in good condition) an almost new chain guide and a cracked TT350 head with good valves... (new valves are made from gold I think). A new set of standard rings and a good hone... ring end gaps were adjusted and assembly began. Some gaskets are hard to find... so it was time to make a new one...this also shows the damping springs on the primary drive. One pin missing from here and it would have been shaking itself to pieces....lucky they are still available from Yamaha. Final Assembly Engine painted With a couple of coats of HT clear.... This might give you an idea of the colour scheme... The Red is from a 2016 Mustang... it is called Ruby Red.... It was quickly sprayed onto a half prepped tank to see what it looked like... and I liked it Tank prep... lots of work to do on this one. Swingarm is a perfect fit... Rear shock needs some spacers etc to make it work though, including revised links.... around 25mm shorter to get the right stance and to ensure the tyre doesn't hit the rear guard at full travel.