I picked up this 1989 mc19 as a parts bike for another mc19 build, but after getting it home I decided it probably wasnt a bad bike to fix up instead of parting it out for another project. When I went and looked at the bike he said he couldn't start it because the fuel pump had died the day before trying to start it for another potential buyer but he assured me it startered and was a solid runner that he used as a daily. The fairings weren't in great shape having a few cracks and a small piece missing around a bolt hole in the front fairing the rear indicators were missing along with the lower part of the inner gaurd that holds the licence plate and reflector. Apart from that the bike was complete, so I handed over the cash and loaded it in the back of I'm ute for trip home. A week later after deciding it was going to be my new project I started stripping it down so I could get a good look at it and see if I could get it to turn over. Very quickly did I see the bike was In much worse shape then I could have imagined and the bike had been in an a accident at some stage and had some of the worst repairs I had ever seen. First I had noticed the rear sub frame was bent and on closer inspection it had been cut and had another subframe very very very poorly welded on. Instead of removing the inner gaurd to do that classy repair they just cut a 100mm section out to Weld it Hahahahah. The next thing was the wiring, it had been hacked to bits the indicators had been removed and it looked like he had tried to put a led set on it as the harness had been cut into and had dodgy connectors all over the place he obviously couldn't get it working so I'm assuming he took the indicators off and left the wires behind. There was also a pilot switch wired into the thermo fan so it could be manually turned on. (For traffic use he told me). After removing the rear subframe and tossing it straight in the bin it was time to have a look at the engine, at this stage I don't have high hopes that it's going to start. While checking the usual stuff prior to trying to kick it over I noticed the reason the fuel pump had stopped working was because it wasn't there.....He had the main fuel line from the carbs plumbed straight into the tank, no pump no fuel filter nothing hahaha. So instead of trying to start it I pull the carbs off and put them in the ultrasonic parts cleaner. It was my first time I've used it and I was actually really impressed with how well it worked for an elcheapo eBay I put the carbs in for 3 20min cycles twice in heavy duty degreaser and once in water this was from the second run I forgot to take a pic of how much stuff came out on the first go. Next will be a clean up of the whole bike and put the carbs back together and back on with a new fuel pump and filter. Needless to say I overpaid for this bike and I should have been a lot more thorough before handing over the cash but lesson learnt, however it will be well worth it when it's done.